View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 01:43 AM   #31
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Yeah, I brought inside a milk crate of 14 - 16'' length mesquite, I originally cut for the BBQ smoker. It won't get as cold here, but sure is nasty to us locals. My parents used to have a cabin in Pinetop. I miss the smell of Juniper smoke.
You can spot the Snowbirds in the supermarket -- they're in khaki shorts and tanktops, while the locals all have their puffy down jackets on. I have a fireplace, and installed a wrought iron crane arm on the right side. so I can swing a Dutch oven over the coals and cook. My Shepherds' Pie is killer. I add a pint of Guinness.
There's a few pounds of Bison stew meat in the freezer. Maybe Buffalo Red Chile?
Back to trucks -- a professional wiring harness is a safety necessity. I recommend M&H Electrical Fabricators. USA-made, with factory spec color codes, gauge sizes, exact lengths, and Packard [OEM style] connectors. Perfect fit. [Fifty year old copper lines get brittle, not to mention packrats.] And the technician who builds the harness puts a tag with his name on it. Thev are not cheap, however. www.wirengharness.com/
I spent my last 3 off days trying to get my horn working again. Anyway the Stepside has a new Turm Signal switch and harness. I'll post it on the Electrical forum later. I'm stumped.
I replied to your email.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 02-21-2019 at 05:42 AM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote