View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #912
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Hey Everybody --- Just a quick note on this truck ---

It is FOR SALE -

most likely less engine - if you have your own engine to put in it. The 540 has a blow-by issue right now that is undiagnosed, but best I can tell without a complete tear down, there is probably one or two cracked rings. Still runs like a raped ape crazy ex-wife, but it smokes through the breathers at idle, and the exhaust on hard accel.

I just don't have the coin to keep working this project, and I've just moved on to other things in my life at this point. Id like to see this truck go to a good home with somebody that wants to keep working it. It is about 95% complete, still needs a little this and a little of that, but its almost there. I don't believe in letting things rot away until "someday" comes....

Less the engine I have more than $40K into this build in parts pieces and machine work. - I'd be willing to let it go for $30K (less engine) which I know I couldn't built it today for that amount. It would include the TH400 trans which would be ready to drop in any type of BBC engine block setup. The motor mounts and driveline are all fitted to that combination, balanced and proven to run well. It is also setup for electric fans, the cross flow radiator, CDI Ignition, Custom exhaust headers (over the frame) and I have the electric cutouts wired and ready to be installed for this application also. The entire drivetrain has been built to handle 1000HP, so it should handle anything you want to throw at it from a crate motor standpoint. A nice new 572 from Summit would drop right in.

The entire build is on this page - If there is any interest - drop me an email at: hrly_man @ yahoo.com (no spaces) to exchange phone numbers.