View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:01 AM   #2
hemi43

Re: Us indy slots u101 blanks 17 x 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72K5454 View Post
I am wanting to run the Indy slots on my 1972 Blazer. It has new stock height springs and shocks. I know they offer a 15 x8 six lug wheel that will fit32-33 inch by 12.5 with the 4"backspacing. My question is has anyone ran the 17 x 9 inch with the 3.74" back spacing? If they do fit, I can only find these wheels in blanks. In researching these it looked like they used to be offered by a guy selling 6 lug by 5.5 on ebay a few years back. His site no longer exist on ebay. Has anyone ever had blank wheels machined out. What is all involved, and how much should I expect to pay to have this done?
As I just mentioned on another thread, you may have a difficult time finding a machine shop that will do it due to liability. Tell them it's for racing only, then the onus is on you if something should ever happen.
As far as cost, I would probably charge around $300 for 4 rims.

Ah, Covington Ohio brings back memories. I went to a metal shaping course there hosted by Ron Covell years ago. It was held at a restoration shop that specialized in making hand formed body panels for the 1930 Cords. I forgot the name of the shop.

Edit; It was here----> https://www.ddclassic.com/
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote