View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 12:31 PM   #4
Loose Screw

Re: Another Fuel Pump Discussion...My Wild Hair Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
I don't think an electric pump in line with a mechanical fuel pump is necessary. It's just more stuff to leak and fail. These trucks work fine with a plain old mechanical fuel pump on the engine. I have a plain one port in and one port out mechanical fuel pump and Quadrajet mounted with a thin gasket on the intake manifold, and run gasohol, and live in a very hot area of the country. It's fine. I have only a short piece of rubber hose connecting the steel line under the cab and steel line on the frame, and a short piece of rubber hose connecting the steel line on the frame and the fuel pump on the engine. All the rest of the fuel lines are steel. Quadrajet has a fuel filter inside. If I needed a fuel filter inline, I would put a metal-case one at the rubber hose connecting the steel line under the cab and steel line on the frame.
So, it's sounding like you and kwmech are sayin skip the electronic fuel pump...
I'm Still gonna put an inline fuel cut off switch/valve. If I can do something about gas spewing all over the place while I have to move lines around I'm going to do it! Those inline fuel cut offs are expensive but for me it's worth it to keep gas from running down my fore arm to my arm pit before I can slam a new connection on or suck on a garden hose and get a few mouthfuls of gas!
Loose Screw is offline   Reply With Quote