View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 04:06 PM   #5
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Another Fuel Pump Discussion...My Wild Hair Idea

I'm in the skip the electric fuel pump crowd. It will cause problems down the road and it's not fixing a problem it's covering the symptom. You would be better of putting the time into running a return line from the fuel pump. It would require a three port fuel pump but you would have less things to fail and it will cool the fuel helping to prevent vapor lock. Which in my opinion is quite overblown.

I've driven carbureted vehicles most of my life and never have I been stranded by vapor lock. That being said I work to keep my vehicles in good running order. Strong starters, proper tune ups, and clean air filters all help to prevent vapor lock.

If you have a Mighty Vac style vacuum pump and plug the vent and cover the fill and hook the pump to the tank have a helper operate the vacuum pump and make a vacuum in the tank you can replace the hoses without getting fuel everywhere. Especially if you crack the fuel at the carb or fuel pump first.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote