View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #74
UMDSmith

Re: Whats the next "67 to 72"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
....interesting but here is a simple correction:
'The younger set has resigned itself to their parents making payments on their import until the novelty runs out, then starting over'....lol
ahhh, modern parenting...lol

Coley

Here, let me fix that for you.

The younger set has resigned itself to fixing the ****ed up situation your generation has gotten us into. .

This board sounds like a barber shop half the time, with ignorant old men *****ing about how "things were better" while the current generation is funding their retirement, and the old guys are the ones that drove us into this debt, let our infrastructure fail, and then complain people today are lazy. I'm 34, have worked since I was 14, worked my way through 1 bachelors and 2 masters degrees. Picked up a blue collar trade when my field collapsed in the early 2000's and moved back into white collar when I was able. I am not alone. Young people tend to be more realistic and thusly disillusioned because they realize they have been dealt a **** hand. The American dream your generation was promised is nearly unobtainable for a lot of my generation.

I bet back when you were working a blue collar job you had a pension, and health insurance, and a college education was affordable.