View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #58
k2rm

Re: Ashtray slide out LCD screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPro View Post
Ok, so If i'm looking at this right, this is not just a pull it out and flip it up set-up. You have to tighten some screws after you pull it up and flip it up to keep it in place, which is fine, I personally would like to be able to pull it out and flip it up and have it stay, but that's personal preference.

On to the actual question - is there anything preventing the screen from getting scraped or being bumped around while in the stored position or is it sufficiently held above the bottom part of the ash-tray slot to where it's not an issue?

Excellent work and ingenuity... excellent.
The spring thumbscrews allow for the hinge to not be tightened each time. They keep a constant tension on the posts and so all you have to do is tilt the screen up or down and it stays in place. I probably need to tightent the thumbscrews once a week.

Once it is in the stored position, it doesn't move due to the leverage of the ashtray door on the rubber bumpers. I was pleasantly surprised that this worked out as well as it did. It does take care to make sure the screen is properly aligned when sliding in to make sure the assembly doesn't scrape either the top or bottom of the dash hole. Not a big deal though.

Also, look at the last picture I posted. That shows the clearance of the screen when stored.

Last edited by k2rm; 11-04-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: more info
k2rm is offline   Reply With Quote