View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #95
ochre 72

Re: 72 Jimmy "Colonel Mustard"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rippen6 View Post
Do some searching in the LS section guys are using the 90 blazer tanks and install backward so the filler is on the correct side. I know there is a series of years with the same tank just don't know the spread LOL. It may not appeal to you because the square end of the tank hangs down in the back. You may have to add a crossmember in the rear to attach the tank to, the mounting straps run parallel to the frame rails on the new style blazers. I will try and look later and find you a link if interested let me know.
Thanks a lot for the info and I would like any help I can get. A friend of mine did the 87-91 swap on his 71. He told me that it took quite a bit of mods to make it work. His blazer is stock height so he didn't turn it around, he moved the filler neck. He is running his pump on the rail though, so he didn't have to figure out the in tank module. I ordered a 87-91 31 gallon tank and a 90 bronco 2 tank that I read somewhere would work. Looks like at the least I will have to drill the rivets out of the rear brake line bracket and relocate it. My frame is powder coated so I would like to avoid too much welding on the frame if possible. I would love to read anything you can find. I have searched every way that I know how and haven't really found any solid solution. My tank is tiny so I'm sure I will have to move the farthest rear cross member or remove it and make something else work.
ochre 72 is offline   Reply With Quote