View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 07:05 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Happy Birthday too much stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Just remember tim, thats how it starts with getting "too much stuff" Next thing you know you are keeping lots of stuff...
I have a birthday story for you about that. One year at Spring Carlisle I see a complete Palamino Tan '67 GMC front clip with perfect chrome grille from Nebraska. "Hmmm... Bo Daddy was wanting to change out his butchered for a tube grille on his '67 pro street. I'll pick this up for him. They don't reproduce these". Then I see a short Stepside bed in excellent condition, "Hmmm... His bed is pretty rough. I bet he'd like to have this one". So I spent $800 on Bo Daddy and had to run back home for my trailer. By the time I met up with him he told be he traded his son Bo for his '46 Chevy Coupe. I talked to Bo and he traded the GMC for a '55 Chevy. Not disappointed one bit. I already had accepted I might get stuck with these parts and wouldn't mind one bit. Now the '67 SWB GMC project I have is built around the grille and core support. All I needed was everything else! (and I pretty much had everything else already )

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote