View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 07:36 AM   #96
Boog
laying low

Re: C20 lowered pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckamatic View Post
So I bought this truck about 4 years ago from So. Md. 250/3speed, even radio delete. Had never been touched. Lowered it a little, drove it a lot. Elderly neighbors stopped driving their Pace Arrow motorhome a few years ago and I finally got it out of them. Cut the RV up (that was fun). Tied in the P30 chassis to the C10 under the cab, kicked it up a little (P30 is straight, no bends at rear), notched over the axle, flip kit on massive rear springs. Frame rail protrudes about an inch into bed, just over axle. No bump in bed, as I wanted full bed depth. P30 A arms, steering (rearranged), springs and dropped spindles bolted in front.
Low mileage 454, TH400, 4.10 14bolt rear, power steering, hydroboost, oil cooler, trans cooler, etc. Put a Gennie shifter in so it looks like it still has a real transmission. I still have room to lower it some more, but those 32inch tall rear tires help calm down that rear gear. Original plan was to switch to regular front wheels/hubs, but I'm diggin those Budd wheels.
That's a cool look you have going there Chuck. I like it as is but at the same time I am visualizing that stance with rear duals instead matching the fronts.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote