View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #11
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1966 C 10 - "Wild Thang"

OK that gets me to this year 2018, I missed the Pigeon Forge Rod Run when my younger brother had a sudden heart attack and passed in April just before the Rod Run...that one still hurts...but it got me thinking life is short and we never know how long we have left so I am trying to spend more times doing things that make me happy. So I have planned a busy year for my truck, it started with the second most ugly thing about my truck, the front bumper the bed being the 1st and with the bed looking good now I went in the back field and pulled the front bumper off of my old 62. it had heavy surface rust on the backside and several coats of paint on the front so off to the sand blaster & got it blasted. I brought it home and and started doing some prep for paint after I got it primed I did a test fit, I had been toying with the idea of doing a Chip Foose special and narrowing it a little. Well to my surprise a 62 has a different bolt pattern than my 66. That really aggravated me after spending most of the day getting it ready to paint, so I called it quits for the day and got me a cold one. Saturday morning I came back with determination I welded up the bumper mounting holes & license plate mounting holes and then cut out 3/4 of an inch of from the width and then welded it back together. I line it up for best fit and drilled new mounting holes, finished my paint prep and painted it. That took me all day and into the night. but Sunday afternoon the new bumper was mounted and looking good.
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote