View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #17
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1966 C 10 - "Wild Thang"

I forgot to mention I bought some for under the hood new electric fan set-up, valve covers air cleaner and serpentine pulley set-up. When I started to pull the pulleys off I found the outer ring on my harmonic balance had come loose...Bummer, but it was outstanding luck to find that problem before I left on my long haul trip. The second bummer is that the water pump pulley would not fit, still happy I dodge a big bullet on that one. If you look close and the balancer you will see it is all the way back rubbing on the timing cover. Also thought I would give you a example of when its better to order a new part, When I took the battery out of the truck the bottom of the battery box was almost rusted through so I figured no big deal I have a new Miller welder I'll just fix it..... 4 hours later it was fixed but when you can order on for $40.00 maybe I should have just ordered it and put my efforts to more pressing issues. Well at least my fixed box will out last the after market ones I used some heave gauge metal.
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote