View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Canadian Mobile Coat

Re: Al's Liner or Raptor Bedliner as undercoating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
i hear Al's liner is awesome, but it may run when you spray it....someone to think about. supposed to be superior to most professionally applied products. i want to use it on all my vehicles when i do body off restos.....coat anything that will see road salt or water (under carpets) and the frame. poly won't flake off or let moisture underneath it, unlike rubberized undercoating and ziebard.
Hi there! I just was going through the boards and came across this post so I wanted to comment.

You are incorrect as Al's Liner will not run. Al's has far less thinners in it than any other liner kit out there so it goes on thicker and will not run as the hang on it when coating the side of a box for example is excellent. For this reason Al's Liner can not be rolled on and should be sprayed with the Al's Liner Hopper Gun. You are correct about everything else with Al's Liner. It is guaranteed not to deteriorate or fade from UV exposure as well and I have found this problem in the past with other liners, even Linex!

I have a proffessional coatings company in Vancouver Canada area and I have coated just about anything in most products and now swear by Al's! Al's is actually a professional Liner product manufactured, sold, and installed by Scorpion Coatings and just repackaged into a retail kit for the DIY guys as there is so many inferior products out there that call themselves a durable liner.

I have even made pond liners from it and used light blue tint, re-coated an old worn out fiberglass deck that was starting to leak in a medium grey, as well as the floors and trunk of my own 1969 Restomod Cougar XR7, the box of my and many other pick ups, and sell it to allot of the hot rod guys for coating the inside of their project cars as well as the wheel wells, etc. It is such a versatile product and so easy to spray.

I am a distributor of Al's in Canada and if you have any questions about it feel free to let me know by email, IM, or phone and I'd love to answer any questions or help you out.

Thanks!
Lee Fisher
www.canadianmobilecoatings.ca
Canadian Mobile Coat is offline   Reply With Quote