View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 11:47 PM   #50
Greg B

Re: Hooker 68-72 big block Chevelle headers fit my 69 C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
Just wanted to add some more info to this thread... I tried a set of Hedman Elite headers for 68-72 Chevelles (#68198) on my '69 stepside as well. They pretty much fit just like 68 TT's hooker headers did, but mine are 1.75" tubes. I'm using the '72 BB motor mounts and also had contact on the clamshell bracket. I already had purchased a set of Hedman Elite headers for 67-up trucks (#69820), but the hung down WAY low. Below is a pic of the truck headers on the drivers side and the chevelle headers on the pass side. BIG difference in ground clearance, since my truck is lowered. The truck headers hung down even with the bottom of the lower a-arm... The chevelle headers are dead even with the bottom of the frame rail.
BossHogg69 this is by far the best header thread I've seen especially with your pictures of both headers mounted. I chose the Hedman headers because of your detailed explanation and am waiting to get them so we can mock them up and build my 3" stainless steel system. Well done!
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote