View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
jonmc56

Jon's 69 CST Build: "Saltine"

I'm going to try to catch up on a story that began last March 2012 when I bought this '69 C10 CST. It was 500 miles away when I found it, and I asked my bro-in-law look at it for me before deciding to buy. He gave it a thumbs up, so I made the deal and put it on a car hauler to have it brought to me.

I've completed some small projects that I'll show next, including reworking some wiring under the hood, and cleaning up the cooling system. Future plans include a 4.5/6" drop from ECE, power disc brakes in the front, rebuilt front suspension, power windows/locks, new wheels/tires, relocating the fuel tank, and maybe someday an LS Swap. It is a daily driver, so I'm trying to balance making improvements while still having it available to drive regularly. It has a 350 sbc and TH400 trans.

The PO had some nice mods done to it, including frenching the taillights and the antenna. He'd already installed Vintage Air (the truck originally came without air). The tailgate handle has been relocated to the inside, and there's a large ghost bowtie on the tailgate that many people don't see at first, but it really pops in the sunlight.

Last edited by jonmc56; 07-21-2018 at 10:55 PM.
jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote