View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 04:27 PM   #219
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Knocked out a bit of work today on the driverside fender. I thought the fender was basically good to go for final primer, but I noticed that the driver fender was not at the same height as the passenger side fender. The front needed to come up a bit. So once I got the fender equal height, all my gapping work went to waste. Moving the front of the fender up gave me a big gap from just above the body line all the way down to the fender. From the body line down I needed to add 1/8". So I pulled the fender and got to welding. I have it roughed in, meaning its all welded and welds ground down, fiberglass over the welds and tomorrow i will hit with epoxy before I do a round of body filler. After the first round of body filler I will put the fender back on and see where my gaps are at. From the body line down my guess is that it will be very very close. I just hit above the body line with tack welds, so I will need to file fit that part. Then I need to do more filler work to get the panel flat/even with the door again.
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote