View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
geiser

bell crank z-bar stud issue

Hello guys,

I have done lots of research here and have found some solutions to my needs, but would like some guidance on the things I couldn't find.

I have a 68 c10 (longbed). It came from factory with the 6 and a 3 on the tree.

PO put in a '75 350 in the rear position (6 cylinder). It still has stock bellhousing. The setup for the ball stud was the bracket between the 2 bosses on the block style with stud in middle.

I swapped it to a saginaw 4 speed and put in new clutch etc 2 years ago. ran fine.

I have completed an engine swap to a 70 350. Spun rod and the old 350 and it leaked everywhere needed redone. Easier to start fresh.

I am putting on headers now and am trying to relocate the ball stud to the rear most boss on engine and thread is different from the one I got from Inline tube (INL10936).

It is close but only gets into boss about 1 thread. when forced hard I can get another 1/2 rotation. I tried the ball stud in old block. same deal. any advice? I'm guessing metric stud and need to track down the old receipt check part numbers etc.

Has anyone ran into this before or is stud different through the years?

I also will have to notch the frame side stud mount and change lengths on the clutch rods. If anyone had details or pics on what they had to do I would appreciate.

Thanks,
Jay

Last edited by geiser; 02-17-2015 at 02:10 PM.
geiser is offline   Reply With Quote