View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 02:20 PM   #14
1970cstblazer
All stock and staying that way

Exclamation Re: radiator question

The same individuals also run PYPES. Lets just say they don't take constructive feedback well of their "direct fit" exhaust systems either. I had a few key issues with their GM F body transverse muffler system, and the responses were less then acceptable. The takeaway was to suck it up buttercup. I was able to "make it work" with a lot of cussing, and fab work. Not acceptable for a moderately expensive system.

To compare, the pre-bent direct fit exhaust system I put on my 1970 Blazer sold through LMC was truly a direct fit! I did not have any fitment or cosmetic issues whatsoever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Absolutely not a dumb question!

While I'm not able to speak directly to your query I will throw out that I tried installing a Cold Case DIRECT FIT radiator some years back. During the installation I discovered that Cold Case doesn't use 4 row end caps. They use 3 row caps which were never used on our trucks.

GM only used 2 and 4 row end caps. If a truck's build required a 3 row radiator it was installed in a pair of 4 row caps.

This means there are no factory radiator mounts or rubbers that fit a Cold Case radiator. Which means you have to modify the factory mounts. Not DIRECT FIT even though your paying for DIRECT FIT!

Many folks have used them with no problems but I refused to pay for DIRECT FIT and have to make mounts when I could have paid half as much knowing I would my own mounts.

For the full story of my attempt to use Cold Case radiator see link. Starts on post 333.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...698377&page=14
1970 K/5 Blazer CST 4WD, Bronze, 93k ACT. miles, 350, 4 speed, positraction, 16.5" x 8.25" wheel option, tilt, tach, vacuum, AM/FM, manual throttle...Dad ordered and purchased new 4/70. Currently frame off restoration in progress...

1972 Cheyenne Super 20 2WD, DK Blue/White, 90K ACT. miles, 402, TH400, 4.10 open, tilt, tach, vacuum, A/C, AM/FM, manual throttle.. A mostly original paint never rusted Texas survivor...

2017 Sierra 1500 SLT 4WD, Black, 41k miles, 5.3, 6L80E, 3.42 LS, 20" polished wheels, everything but moonroof and 6.2...

2019 Canyon SLT 4WD, White, 60k miles, 3.6, 8L45, 3.23 LS, 18" wheels
1970cstblazer is offline   Reply With Quote