View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 03:36 PM   #15
RichardJ

Re: radiator question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
............. During the installation I discovered that Cold Case doesn't use 4 row end caps. They use 3 row caps which were never used on our trucks.

GM only used 2 and 4 row end caps. If a truck's build required a 3 row radiator it was installed in a pair of 4 row caps.
.........................................................................................
I also have the Cold Case GMT558A.

The info below from LMC and Classic Industries shows the 2 and 3 row brackets/rubber as the same and the 4 row as different. I used the 4 row brackets/rubber and it fit fine if I recall. I did have to trim the bottom of the core support to fit the lower bracket, but I don't recall any other issues. I got the brackets from the junk yard.

I bought it from Jeg's about ten years ago and a year later it started leaking. I called Jeg's and they said I had to contact Cold Case. I had to return it to Cold Case at my expense, but they returned a new one on their dime.

It has been fine since. Cold Case was surprised at the time that I had purchased it from Jeg's at about $60 under their list price and with free shipping.
That isn't the case today, but Jeg's and Summit Racing still sell it at about $15 less and free shipping.

I am not disappointed with the Cold Case or the fact that the first one failed. The next one I buy just might be the Champion. The reviews I've seen in recent years are better than the ones I read ten years ago. Not that I couldn't get one that failed, but they are nearer here in SoCal. Cold Case is in PA.
Attached Images