Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #78
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

A little update, i got my package from Off Road Designs Greasable bolt kits and new front and read shackles, the one picture on the rear shows how the bushings are not full length to allow the grease from the bolt to come thru. Ya got to spin these bolts a little on install to make the grease flow.

Friday i got the front springs and shackles installed, had to grind some clearance into the passenger header flange to make way for the new wider shackles. Also the Rancho spring center bolt head was much smaller than the hole in the axle so the holes in the axles had to be cleaned up of a bunch of rust and garbage before the BDS springs would fit.

Then i figured out that on full axle drop the brake lines i bought come up a little short, but i had already installed then at the frame and tossed the box's debating on going ahead and bleeding the brakes and replacing them later, there only about 1.5 inches shy of being total slack. This 4" kit from BDS is turning out to be a bit taller than the 4" rancho kit, plus the Off Road designs shackle kit adds about 1/2 " as well.

Today i installed the 4" raised steering arm and link, tie rod, and the BDS steering stabilizer. Not overly thrilled about the stabilizer bracket design at this point, I liked the Rancho stuff better. Plus i then remembered i will have to adjust toe in so I'll have to loosen the bracket on the tie rod again later.

Tomorrow final torque the U bolts and install the front shocks, then start on the rear spring and shock install, after that all i got to do is bleed the brakes. and go for a test drive.

Oh, My seat cover showed up on my door step on Friday as well.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote