View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #13
Chevycruisin88

Re: Whats the lowest I can drop a 1979 long bed Chevy with still good clearance?

Tom thanks for the feedback. I just meant a 3/4 ton suspension would be stronger then a 1/2 ton, probably didnt make much sense but Im going to replace all the stuff that comes with the 3/4 suspension except for some of the main stuff as my buddy put it with new stuff. Im making do with what I have to alleviate getting a 1/2 ton and going from there. Im not building it to drag race, or to resell. Im just going to be building it how I want it to look without completely rebuilding everything or just going out and buying a 1/2 ton truck. Its my grandpas old truck so it has some sentimental value to it but Id like to put some of my own twist on it as well ya know? I got a buddy Ive been talking to thats built a lot of hot rods, bikes, dropped, bagged, lifted and you name it over the years. He said he'll help show me everything I might need to know and what will work, wont work, and whats actually possible with my budget. I think your right though on the drop size if 4" on a 1/2 ton would be the most then on a 3/4 ton if i dont bag it a 3" in the front and a 5" should probably be sufficient...?
Chevycruisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote