Thread: 72 k20 project
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 08:46 PM   #1509
ryanroo

Re: 72 k20 project

Dang. i had to go back to the second page of sub'd threads to find this. haha

i had a mild catastrophe with my phone and left my camera when i was visiting Lauren at christmas. so, the pics i did have are gonzo. but, i also wasnt really very productive, so not much has changed.

i did get this handy tig welder as a gift from my wife lady. the cooler was on global backorder for a few weeks but i got it outfitted and built a quicky cart.

i fiddled around for a few days making welds and getting adjusted to the machine. i had a bazzilion weld coupon pics and all of the titanium welds i have done(very few, but they look cool) they all died on my phone...

i installed the 241dhd but haven't taken new pics of it installed. got some work done on the shifters. no pics of that yet either.

but, i did document some recent progress!

this is a condenser, power steering cooler and power steering filter set up.

i knew where i wanted it to be, but if it would fit... turns out it just does. the inner fender still clears, you can remove the filter, might even be able to get to it when the truck is assembled completely. maybe.

put the new welder to work.

i also built this framework to hang the condenser and cooler off of. it is a tight fit, but with just enough of the latch mechanism ground off, it fits.

next is the cooler. and the other billion little things.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote