View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:36 PM   #2767
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Small potatoes jobs done sorting out the truck. Finally found & installed #10 x 3/4" Oval head wood screws to screw down the marine gas filler - done.

Stopped by the shop and after much fooling around figured out the Tanks, Inc tank came with neither of the two common GM sending unit ohm ratings. Switched the Dakota Digital unit to read a (I think!) 30-240 ohm sensor and it seems to be working now. I'll keep an eye on it.

The PS boost is still too low but I can live with it if I use the stock wheel - painted to match of course. My wheel is in truly bad shape. Waaay back on page 3, post #61 I show a close up of the wheel before I repaired it with JB Weld. The repair hasn't held up and cracks are reappearing, though small. Plus the plastic surface is breaking through to the metal below so I'm think it may be better to just use a new, reproduction stock wheel or big Belair wheel. At least it'll hold up longer than my Mickey Mouse repairs have so far.

A few pics of her in the sun light today. Still think the stance is off. Working on how to resolve that.
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote