View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 07:56 PM   #23
sfont66

Re: Computer mounting location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40racing View Post
Got any pictures of the Terminator X mounted? At what point did you come through the floor?
I have a couple of pics saved, the Terminator X ECU I don’t have mounted yet. It is just tucked under the seat, and the wiring harness holds it in place fairly well for now. I will most likely make a permanent mount later. I plan to remove the seat and carpet this winter and add some sound deadener/ insulation under the carpet, so the seat and carpet will come back out.
Anyway a few pics….
The first one will give you an idea of the location of the for the 2” hole required for the main harness. The power harness, I ran through an existing hole previously used for the fuel tank.
The second pic is from below, the harness was routed to the back of the engine, then down along the underside of the transmission tunnel, and up into the cab,in my case I have a high hump, I removed some of the transmission cover bolts, and replaced the bolts with longer ones, and used the longer bolts to secure both the cover and cable clamps.
The third pic is just an engine pic, but it shows how little of the harness shows, there are more ways to hide wires, but I was running out of time, and a lot will have to come back off , if I do end up doing a color change to hugger orange in the near future.
Hope this helps,
Attached Images