View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
Thesilverfox

Re: Mike D's 50 pickup build

To explain pics above, I got TCI's Custom front IFS with GM big brakes and Ridetech bags. If you look at the pic of the with the front IFS you'll notice that its fully slammed and there is almost no camber which s pretty sweet. Hard to see in pics but this is really nice stuff. Was kinda drooling when i was opening the boxes.
The rear is TCI 4 link with Ridetech bags. It's going to be mounted to a ford 9 inch. Front and rear suspension will have sway bars.

I am in the process of c notching the rear and installing the fronts. Will completely box the frame with the Tig welder. I have made the decision to Install Billet precision lengend Mag wheels in 20x10 rears with 4 " B/s and 18x7 fronts with 3 1/2" B/S. So will have to shorten the rear axle and frame.

Will set the rear to front rake at 2 degrees. Did mock-up measurments fully slammed, with the wheels selected, floorboards will be approx 2 inches from the ground.

Installing 6L LS LQ4 engine from a 1 ton wrecked chevy express van. Checked out the Con Rod caps and bearing are in great shape. Putting a Comp Cam xtreme tri power plus and will use factory intake manifold and reclamed wiring harness from truck. As a reference, we just put a 62 Apache truck with the same engine camshaft configuration and got almost 400hp at the wheels so that is good enough for me. I have a Dyno at work which is a pretty sweet toy.

The tranny is a 4l80e.

This is the look i'm going for.

http://stancewords.stanceworks.netdn...bagged-old.jpg

Here's a better pic of the front end.

Last edited by Thesilverfox; 06-28-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Thesilverfox is offline   Reply With Quote