View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #12
ls1nova71

Re: 68 longbed 5.3/4l60e

Here ya go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallic68 View Post
So let me know if I'm wrong.

This is a return less system, so I'll need a corvette filter/regulator.

Most 2002 and older are return style, are you sure there's only one line? Post a pic and we can tell you for sure.

The truck exhaust manifolds won't work. I'll need to find some trailblazer or corvette to fit with the least amount of modification. Or swap headers from thorley ect.

Truck manifolds will work, but you need to put the engine a little further back and do some trimming on the frame, TBSS fit with less trimming.

I can use the adapter from my old ps pump to adapt the ps lines.

Yes

The 5.3 came with hoses for cross flow radiator so I'll most likely be able to use my stock radiator.

Yes

Th400 yoke won't fit the 4l60e. So I'll need to find a yoke.

You'll need one from a 350 turbo, 700r4 or 4l60e

The 4l60e is longer so I will need to have my drive shaft shortened.

Maybe, mine actually ended up an inch too short, depends what the original engine/trans was.

I can use the stock trans crossmember, just move back and maybe drill a couple new mounting holes.

Yes

For general operation of trans and ECM I'll need a 4 connection break light switch(I don't have LED tail lights )

Yes

Is the connection for computer tuneing or scan modules (OBDII port?) in the engine harness? Or is that something extra I need to add?

No, it's in the under dash harness, you can get one from any OBDII car, pick-a-parts are full of them

With the 5.3's upgraded amps should I worrie about the stock wiring harness? Or should it be ok?

Should be OK

Am I missing anything?

Sounds like you did your homework, you've got the majority of it down

Thanks for any suggestions or info.
Posted via Mobile Device

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote