View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #24
rs74

Re: 84 Short Bed diesel. Project Driver.

UPDATE: I bought it back. I really wonder about myself sometimes. Sell a truck only to buy it back at a later date. Lol. Anyways it is back here at home now. I'm not real sure at this point what the plan is with it but drive and enjoy it for a while. It still needs an issue addressed with the transmission and I need to put new bushings in the upper control arms. Probably end up being a full front end rebuild I imagine if I know myself.

I am not real sure how much oil these 6.2's burn but I know this one burns quite a bit even though it runs very well. Might just be the nature of them. I'm not real knowledgeable when it comes to the diesels.

Since I sold it the has had a new windshield, vacuum and fuel lines ran, new tires and glow plugs put in. It also has a new spin on fuel filter and adapter installed doing away with the factory square filter. I need to see about cleaning the rust out of the door jams like a lot of them get before it gets too bad. Probably going to start looking for some interior pieces also.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote