View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #205
silvertip67

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

here is my '67 C-20 4WD...it is the CST model...am looking for an old Thomas camper to restore and put on it...this truck come's from the Colorado high country where I lived when found it...it was run a a few thousand miles a year since it was new by the original family as a camper truck...the climate here was very kind to it...this was an early production from '66...a few things changed by the model year end...the owners manual I got shows a few changes in the front hubs...however this machine "walks the dog " in 4WD...

I am trying to keep it as original as possible...but there is a serious temptation to paint it another color...first the slide in camper...then see how things are going...the original paint needs wax pretty often...rear cab mounts need replacing too...about a 1/2 -3/4" sag developed...

it has 58,000 original miles...327/250 4 speed...squarejet carb...when I changed out the valve covers and oil bath, inside the engine was as clean as a whistle...my little time nachine!! I took off the split rims for regular use...changed out a few engine parts...better air filter, coil and had to rebuild the carb...other than that nothing...

I have had a few other older chevs...but this one is by far the best of for me...took a year of pestering the owners to let it go...I drive it every day...t

added a little after market stuff...but of course saved all the orig's...I am a very lucky guy I know...I looked a very long time for this one...hope to drive it the rest of my life...ted
BTW some real nice lookin rides folks...lots of work there...but the result is priceless!

Last edited by silvertip67; 05-30-2010 at 11:20 PM.
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote