View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 04:46 PM   #9
jeffro2

Re: Building several 1\8 Harley Davidson models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Thanks Jeffro, chopper is looking good. Can you imagine turning that thing a slow speeds with the length of those forks...lol
You're welcome. Yeah, I have a feeling its a careful turn on one like that if it was real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'll remember not to clean my dash bezel with Purple Power . Hah hah...actually learned my lesson many moons ago on harsh cleaners and plastic interiors. I used to love to build these kits. The scale is big,yet detail is still an intricate thing,and the size displays well. I've wanted to go after more kits but have been having other priorities for quite a while. My real Harley looks much like your red bike,only mine's black. Not a chopper,not a dresser,just a big fat stripped down Harley. Harley called them Sport Solos
Throw a pic of your bike in here if want, I love Harley's, I just know I can't get on one, so I do the next best thing. I build little ones.

I didn't find any of that out about the cleaner\degreasers till I got into the RC Scale world, but I think the modelers started 1st. The "Greased Lightning" does just that, it strips it really quick compared to the Purple Power.

The older models were so much more detailed. I have several more coming. I plan on trying to make the Harley Drag Bike we were talking about.

Funny thing after you mentioned the Drag Bike the other day, I found one on ebay that night for 349.00 and it had the wrong rear rim, and who knows what else, I wanted it so bad, but I talked myself out of it.

A couple pics before I call it a day here. The seat, gas tank, sissy bar are not glued on yet.

I'm trying to make handlebars, but I may wait till these 2 other Harley models show up, I may steal a set from one of those.

jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote