View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 04:37 PM   #11
1952ssr

Re: Freddy's 52 part 2

Well the swap of s10 for another AD didn't quite workout as planned. Long and short of the story, I bought the s10 from my co-worker without seeing it. Well I had already paid him for it and then I went to pick it up and low and behold it's a shortbed!!!!! He had had a longbed and that was the one I thought I was buying, I had totally forgotten he had drove this one after he stopped driving the longbed (which went to the crusher). Well, anyway this truck ran so I fixed everything on it that was needed and through God telling me to and the financial help of our church gave it to a couple in the church that wanted to help do things around the church but didn't have a truck to pull their trailer and haul their lawnmower.

So with patience I waited for a truck to come, craiglist never had anything reasonable and then last week a 53 was sitting on the side of the road about 10 minutes from my house. I stopped and ask the price...$2,500. A little more than I wanted to spend, but this was a complete truck then I ran into the gentleman I was going to trade S10's with and he said he could had bought it for $1,500, but didn't even think about me buying it. Ironically I knew the guy who had owned it. Well he had sold it to some other guys. I tried to get them down to $1,800 cash but no go so I ended up with it for $2,000.

So another piece of the puzzle has been obtained. Soon this journey begins
Attached Images

1952ssr is offline   Reply With Quote