Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 12:54 AM   #6
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Last post of the night..lol

Everything works except the back up lights on the truck.

Brakes are leaking down a little...not sure where the fluid is going as of yet but think the brakes cylinders may be the cause...pulls to the left when you apply the brakes so that's what I am guessing at this point. In the next few days or so I will pull the wheel off and check the brakes to see how the shoes are and see if I can find a leaking cylinder.

Motor smokes a little but smells terrible of gas so I think its running real rich...Gonna have to learn how to adjust the Quadrajet carb....if that's even possible

Not sure if the gas gauge is reading correctly...hopefully not since it supposedly used a half a tank of gas in a 50 mile drive bringing it home...but will check on that as well.

Lastly if I change the transmission I will also change the rear end gear as well since it seems a little low...Gonna try and determine what gear is in it...hopefully when I get that far the rear end will tell me what it has in it. Not sure if it has a casting number or not...just have to wait and see.

Well I hope you enjoy this as much as I do and look forward to reading about the adventures of Johns 66.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote