View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:07 PM   #16
jojo-munson

Re: Greenie the 72 C20

Snow is finally starting to melt here, and with the temperatures warming up a bit I shoveled around the truck a bit and did some work. I got out my torque wrench and made sure all the intake bolts were at the correct tightness (11 ft-lbs). Most of them were a bit under, got a few half turns. Fired the truck up after this and had no leaks!

Well there was one leak from the old coolant hose going to the front of the intake, but I tightened it and once it ran for a few seconds stopped leaking. No white smoke either. Well, other than the condensation initially.

Name:  pretty_snow_20180314.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  44.8 KB

To tide myself over while I can't crawl under the truck or drive it, I decided to do something "simple". Pretty much all the rubber is trash on the doors and windows, so I bought a kit to re-do it all. Even spent a bit more and got press-on door seals. Boy is that old door seal rubber a pain to get off. I'm having to take a razor blade and get off chunks that didn't pull up. Found a lot more rust under the driver side door sill than I hoped I'd find... I'll probably coat the bottom and bad edge with black Rustoleum, but it's eaten away a good bit and has a few rust holes. I'll just have to keep an eye out for a more pristine set, not really a big deal right now.
Attached Images