View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #766
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Those are far out man ,LOL I can remember those from my dope smoking days
They are something to enjoy
I hadn't even smoked dope when I got them the first time. I never much cared for the more "trippy" posters. Picture really doesn't do them justice, the four take up a lion's share the wall & give pause to see them. They're in the "drum" room, which is code for Chevy parts too. It won't be a complete job until I move the posters into the master bedroom though - also code for Chevy parts. I may have the most cosmetically challenged master bedroom here, even gets the bench seat. Who needs bedside tables when you have cases of parts. May clear it all out this year luck & resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I never had any of the blacklight posters back in the day, but I did have an original of Farrah in the red bathing suit, Cheryl Teigs in the Pink bikini, and Susan Anton from the movie Golden girl. They were lined up om one wall that you could see through the second floor window from the street. That wasn't really the plan, it just worked out that way.
Originals of at least 2 of those would probably be worth something today, but no where near $500. There were millions of them.
Tempted to get another Farrah (NOS) Last I checked $20, they made a zillion. I had Cheryl Teigs & Susan Anton posters too, Cheryl Lad as well, but Farrah is the queen.

Some posters enter four digits. I'm no expert, but those seem to be rare super hero and rock. As "Funky Enterprise" type posters the 23x35 Super Shark is most valuable, apparently. Another 23x35" will come up someday, but I think I'll pass $500+ & declare this little project done. Having a 11x17 isn't the worst thing - it's the only small one I've seen & came cheap.

Rare doesn't mean valuable as they say. That Buck cost me $25 second time around, about 12 years ago. Super Shark is rare but the Buck is on another level. It was my favorite and still is. I redecorated the bedrooms so the light hits it right.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 02-28-2021 at 02:58 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote