View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
Smallz72project

Re: I got "FED UP" so went and bought a 67'

After I had gotten the hitch out of the way and the overload leaf springs, I started to kinda clean up the frame and see what condition it was under all the dirt.

Alot of cleaning to do before I paint it but its in pretty good shape. I think once Im at that point Im going to POR15 it and then put black tractor paint for the final coating.
I wanted to get the springs out so I could pull the rear end and trailing arms for clean-up/upgrade...but the dang cups just spin and I was getting frustrated. I was the only one there so I couldnt try and hold it and use enough force to turn the bolt by myself so I have to rethink my plan of attack. Also noticed that one of the springs is broken..not a biggie cause it was getting replaced anyhow.

At this point is just seems like I make a step forward but just find a brick wall that is in my way. I decided to put the rear of the frame on the back burner while I get some feedback and rethink some things. In the mean time I figured I would start to get the cab ready to be removed and repaired.
Smallz72project is offline   Reply With Quote