View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Gauge cluster light issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
So I finally got my 67 running. A few small gremlins to fix, some of them r driving me nuts. Biggest issue is with the cluster lights.

First the generator light stays on all the time when the key is on. Changed the voltage regular & battery is getting 14.7 volts when running. Any ideas why the light is staying on?

Secondly the oil pressure light doesn't work at all. Changed the bulb, pulled the connection from the sender & grounded it, still no light.

Third, blinker indicator lights don't work, either one. Blinkers all work fine, four way flashers as well, changed the bulbs.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check the printed circuit board on the back of the cluster and make sure none of the traces are damaged. Also check the copper traces where the connector plugs in and make sure none of the copper foil tabs have come loose and are shorting across to another tab.

Here is a picture of the cluster ground. The wire goes into the under dash loom and comes back out and connects to the cluster connector where the arrow is pointing. Make sure the connections are clean and making good contact..... Also clean the contacts on the plug. I have found that a fine scotch brite or pencil eraser works good for that.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote