View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 01:32 AM   #3341
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Nice shop there Bob!

I got some bondo work done on the rear fenders today too, rocking on!

Brian
Thanks, Brian. I just wish I was as fast as you, but I've adopted your "5 minutes a day" philosophy and it has helped. As far as the shop is concerned, it's unfortunate that it takes us 50 years to build up to a respectable work area, but then the body starts slowing down.

You did make me look back on my pic though. I'm actually stooping three feet outside my pedestrian door, so the garage looks even bigger than it is. It doesn't hurt that I'm a "picker" too. That aluminum fold-up bench in the foreground? Garbage-picked. The two white cabinets on the left wall? Toss-outs. How about the three garage door openers? My buddy had used ones, and gave them to me. (He's got some kind of hoarding disease!) He also gave me the stainless commercial kitchen bench on the far wall - GREAT for doing transmissions! That fancy small chest of drawers next to it? Bought it for $10 at my employer's auction when the plant closed. Got a drawing cabinet at the same auction, and two HD workstation benches. Loads of Harbor Fright stuff, but I'm upgrading as things break. Homemade horses... I have the entire toss-out kitchen in there from another friend's house. The lights? I just rebuilt them all after buying a ton of 4' LED bulbs off of Ebay. An old hospital closed 15 years ago and I ended up with five of their lockers. The local charity wouldn't take them, so they found their way to me right before they were to be pitched. I could go on...
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)

Last edited by DransportGarage; 06-15-2019 at 01:38 AM.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote