View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
ChevyDude

New rebuilt original Truck Auto-Tilt from Classic Perfomance...my report:

Hi Guys n Gals, As you may know I was looking for a Auto-Tilt for my 71 SWB. I wasn't sure if I was to get a original truck tilt, or a van tilt and convert it, or maybe just order a Ididit tilt??? Well after looking at my options on ebay and the board it looked like I was going to be paying $300 or more for an original Truck tilt and between $125 to 200 for a van tilt, and none of these tilts had been gone thru and rebuilt with all new parts. I found a completely rebuilt original Truck tilt on ebay that the guy had chaged all the parts to new replacement parts, re-painted, and basically had made it like new....he wanted $600 + shipping for this tilt...that was a little hard to swallow and my search went on.

So in my travels looking I came upon Classic Perfomance which offers an original Truck Auto-Tilt completely rebuilt, painted satin black, new rubbers, brackets, wires and everything else including all the levers for $425.00 + shipping. I know alot of you will say....That's too expensive, but I really wanted a column that had been rebuilt back to like new condition and was a bolt-on item. When talking with the salesman I was slightly worried as he kept calling me "Buddy" and came across like a shifty used car salesman trying to make me love something that was a piece of crap. Well, I said, "What the F*#K, I could always return it if I don't like it"...and if Tom Cruise can say "What the F*#K"...then so can I. It arrived last night about 7pm UPS....I opened the box and could not be happier!!! THis column looks like it was made last week. I know it was not cheap but when I have the thousands of dollars I already have in this truck...another $425 for an awesome tilt is not all that bad. Classic Performance gets 2 thumbs up from me!!!

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4
ChevyDude is offline   Reply With Quote