View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 10:28 PM   #37
matthufham

i was actually getting mad reading this so i'm going to rant on even though you've already taken off the front clip.
-all the time you spent typing in this topic, you could of had the entire front end removed with a wrench. it's really not hard at all to remove, the hardest being the hood simply because of it's size and weight (considering you're by yourself that is).
-another idea, find your crossmember, and put the transmission in the truck, and then all you have to do is drop the engine in. now it is alot more difficult to bolt up the trans with it in the truck because of the firewall, but it can be done.
-another idea, which is what i have to do when i leave the clip on. set the crane to 1/2 ton, and roll the truck back so the front tires are barely on the level surface, set the parking brake, and brick the rear wheels. roll the crane as far outside as it can go, and the end should clear the garage roof.
-another solution.. as you first stated your crane was hitting the garage door lift. move the crane and truck a couple inches sideways, there's 2-3 more inches right there.

i want to go on, but i'll turn the rant off. should be plenty easy for ya now without that clip.
matthufham is offline   Reply With Quote