View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #101
Madkidd007

Re: Project “Blue Bomb” (rebirth of a 1970 c30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
If I had known what a pain it would be to install an edelbrock on a stock cast iron sbc manifold I wouldn't have done it. But the carb was free and I learned a few things along the way in addition to how to do a carb rebuild.

I read that I needed a spacer to keep the carb from overheating. Bought one, and learned that Square bore and Spread bore are not the same. So then I needed an adapter plate kit. The one I bought wasn't machined properly so I had to grind down the bolt heads so they fit into the adapter plate. The carb studs were cheap-o and I stripped one. So I got a better quality set and installed them (after the pic below).

Attachment 1911785

Attachment 1911786

Attachment 1911787
Not that it matters now. But if you have to do this again or end up with a vacuum leak. You could just drill out the holes in the spacer and run long studs all the way from the intake thru the spacer and carb. Also a “base gasket” is what I used to run, thicker and less prone to leaks while spacing the carb up. Looks like you’ve got it handled but just sharing thoughts if you end up redoing the setup or a leak arises
Syclone killer AWD T56 LS

Paypal please pay as Goods&Services Madkidd00000007@yahoo.com
Madkidd007 is offline   Reply With Quote