View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 01:46 PM   #120
Dave_The_BMXER

Re: 51 GMC 'Project Why Wait'

Gone, but back once more, 2020 sucked tried to stay in the garage more than on the computer.

I was able to finish out all my patch panels. Finding a convincing blue to match the majority of the blue on the truck was tough. Might not look it in the photos but I primarily used a very dark blue, and two light blues to make the patina match.

It looks fairly convincing I think? Also picked a white for my roof (Mazda Rally White) which will be flaked when I send out the cab to get the firewall done.

Truth be told the cab should have gone to the body shop for most of what I have now done (thanks Covid) but hey it is what it is. If it this all keeps up I might buy a compressor and gun and keep plugging away. But the fumes of 2k paint kind of scare me...

Painting my hinges are up next, then a lot of wetsanding of various areas. Fingers cross this lockdown ends soon and I can fire the cab off for paint.

Once the cab is gone I can finish up a few more chassis things before it comes back.

Trying to get as much as I can done now before it gets really cold in the garage Feb/March
Dave_The_BMXER is offline   Reply With Quote