View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 02:14 PM   #83
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
Just wondering if the chrome bumpers and the full wheel covers were added after the purchase? This is the lowest option truck I have even seen. I see someone added a radio.
I was under the impression the 6 cylinder was still the base motor? Must have changed by 1972? I have also read where the GMC's had leaf springs stock and this one has trailing arms. I't more likely the GVW had everything to do with the spring type and nothing to do with a Chev or GMC. A lot I don't know and some of what I thought I knew is wrong.
Love the patina. Should be a blast fixing it up.
Cheers
Thank you! Yes, it's definitely a low optioned truck. I believe a few things were added to it over the years including the sport bumpers, full wheel covers, and white top. I have reverted back to the original style "dog dish" hubcaps and white wheels, but I will leave the white top and bumpers because I like the look. As for the engine, as far as I can tell it was an all original 307. I was surprised as well to see this one was a trailing arm truck as I also heard most GMCs were leaf spring. For me, I actually like low optioned simple trucks so this one had to come home with me!
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote