Old 12-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #4776
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[quote=ole dollor;7804150]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
[B][COLOR="Red"]The Rat Ramp!

Yesterday and today I worked on the rat ramp for a few hrs since the temps where nice.

I got the heater all cleaned out and all 3 speeds of the fan working nicely! The ash tray was stuck and I had a heck of a time getting it out but once out I got the bearings cleaned up and greased up she is sliding in & out nicly now!

I had installed the new radiator about a month ago so I got the over flow tank installed yesterday as well.

I swapped steering wheel out and took the master cylinder loose for the booster install. Have to order a new rod for it.
The old 67 horn cap cleaned up pretty nice.
A friend came by yesterday as I was working on it and said you know I have a few parts stashed for these old trucks, so I asked what he had...factory tilt wheel new dash cover RED and a seat cover! So in a few weeks I'm getting it all for the RAT!

I think I'll even order the digital gauges for it later on after we get over Christmas.

Andy4639 when did you get the rat trap , i have not seen it before....Don

I got it right after we bought the 64 SS Impala. We decided we needed something to haul the 56 Bel Air and the 64 SS Impala along with my truck to shows!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.