Thread: My 74 swb build
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 10:03 PM   #3
hotrodj54

Re: My 74 swb build

Now the plan was to fix a few things and start driving it as my semi daily for the summer. But it didn’t work out that way. I had already registered and insured it, and only needed to change the floor shifter, it was a old hurts Indy shifter that locked up between gears. Then I started to really look it over and found way more rust issues then I had expected. Now I forgot to mention that I run a bodyshop so it became clear that I needed to address this stuff before I started to drive it. That’s when it all spun out of control. Kinda. It’s not as crazy of a build as some of the stuff I’ve seen on here but still more then I originally wanted to do. My original plan was to clean it up, make it safe, and slam it to the ground. Just a fun driver. I have quite a few other project so I wasn’t really looking to do a full out project. But nevertheless I have wanted this truck for a very long time so I’m in it to win it now. So my search started for another cab. It was cheaper to buy a cab rather then buy all the patch panels this thing needed. Plus the entire cowl was rotten to the point there you could stick your hand threw the dash and touch the hood. I located a very clean cab with original and very solid floors and body mounts. Somebody had done the rockers and cab corners already so that was a plus. Here’s the pics of the replacement cab
Attached Images

hotrodj54 is offline   Reply With Quote