View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:17 AM   #17
tutone

Re: 1967 shorty or long bed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't see anyone hung up on it being shortened. You hit the nail on the head on the misrepresentation. Might be easy for others to say who cares, but misrepresentation would burn their arses if it happened to them. And it does actually matter if a truck is the real deal alot to many would be future buyers. This isn't a truck that screams every nut and bolt altered, it says it's original with a few tasteful enhancements...and just what people are looking for, in original form. The whole deal with patina is all about being an original/unrestored survivor. Fake patina is BS that can never stack up to that. I'll never ask anyone how much they paid for a truck, but we all can have a pretty good idea just how cheap it wasn't.
Exactly... In less than two weeks , we have two cases of misrepresentation. Puscifier in his thread " To buy or not to buy" and this one. Even saw it mentioned in another about one on Ebay. Mine is shortened , you can tell it and I am fine with it, Heck I am fine with buying a shortened truck as long as it is safe. To the OP's problem, though, he wanted to buy or at least thought he was buying a survivor. Soon it will be like the muscle car market where every thing is an SS or GT or whatever. People will go to great lengths to pass of an unoriginal truck as a factory job for the sake of a few extra bucks. I still love the truck. Good luck to you straightening everything out.
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote