View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
Caustik

Re: In the Red 69 GMC

Fuel items, I'm an S10 guy so naturally using things I know seems the easiest route. Its not as pretty as a conversion tank, but its substantially less expensive, and I don't plan on many people seeing this part of the truck so function over form.

I had looked intot he rear mount tanks, and gathered info for fueling the LS from one of those tanks, and decided this would be the better more cost effective route. The tank is for a 2000 S10 Blazer, recycling the sending unit with new parts from a 04 s10 pickup( requires shortening the rods 1" to fit the tank) will be putting in a Walbro 255 with the siphon pump line on it just like OEM. The Sender for the gauge will need to be changed as the stock S10 unit is a 55-250 ohm sweep, as opposed to the trusty 0-90 of yester year, luckily there is a solution int he form of a 97 Grand prix sender (#25319676). still need to ad an inline filter, but am hoping to be ready to start the engine with my trimmed harness next month, here's hoping all goes as planned.

Caustik is offline   Reply With Quote