Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

To address the safety i will be starting with the front end first, that poor Dana 44-5F is just wandering all over the road, time for a tear down....I didn't get pictures if the locking hubs or calipers and rotors when i took those off, but the locking hub wouldn't turn on the driver side, so i unbolted them and found that the outer jamb nut had actually come loose on the driver side, best i figure it was interfering with the locking hub, whoever serviced it last didn't torque it properly, next came the rotors, then i finished pulling the wheel hubs.

I read on the forums of the horror story's of getting the inner spindles off the knuckles, in my driver side after i unbolted it (and the nuts was tight) i was able to just wiggle the spindle off with my hands, the other side however was a little different story, i didn't need too much persuasion tho, i block of oak and a few love taps with my 3# hammer got it moving, then i used a chisel moving from side to side to finish working it the rest the way off the studs.
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote