View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #10
1Bad72C10

Re: Converter stall for turbo 4l80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin63 View Post
Most of the reputable torque converter builders will work with you on your specific application. They will ask about your combination, etc. The converter builder who built all of mine for my Super class car and other hot rods, had me complete a worksheet that details everything about my engine combo, vehicle weight, rear gear, tire sizes, dyno results/printout (if any) etc.

I just had a billet converter built for my 4L80e that I had to complete the worksheet for the builder. It turned out to be around 3400 RPM based on my combo and what my operating goals are for my truck.
interesting i would have thought it to be less but im in the same boat as the original poster. new to the gas game just started building my set up again hoping to get some time home to actually get in the shop and do some work and take some pics for everyone here. im building a 540 tt truck with a 4L80E stage 5 from rossler 3.00 gear and a 29x15x20 mickey thompson rear tire and plan on running around the streets on pump gas with no more than 15 lbs of boost so if your at 3400 i'm kind of scared where my stall will be at. I guess i need to call pro torque converters and see what they say as i'm getting close to recieving my transmission and motor
1Bad72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote