View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 07:49 PM   #20
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: New addition curtesy Robs71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
There's a squarebody 4X4 by me that's pretty close to yours. It just sits. I've been driving by and jonesing over it and I want to stop and ask the guy if he wants to sell it..
In my experience, that's a waste of time. They never do sell them.
Years ago there was an old COE flat bed truck sticking out of the doors of a barn that I passed regularly. I saw it sit there unchanged for years, finally stopping to ask about it. This may have happened with some frequency because the guy was rather snippy about asking. It continued to sit for many years after that.....until it was destroyed by the guys who tore the barn down when the property was sold, after the old guy passed.
That wasn't the only one I missed out on, but the most tragic. They all seem to think they are going to do something with it someday....
Or in more recent times, they are afraid that you are going to flip it and make money off of "their" investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote