View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #29
Ironhorse

Re: 2020 deer season

Some nice deer pics in this thread. Haven't been hunting for several years now. Lost my hunting area when it was sold and being almost 72 years young not as enthused about it as I used to be. When I was rifle hunting I used a Weatherby Vangard VGX 30/06 bolt action with a Bushnell 3 x 9 scope. Took several nice deer but no trophy sized for sure. Got into hunting with a "stick and a string" aka BOW HUNTING. Now that was a real trip, quite a challenge. First year or two had a lot to learn about being quiet as one slips into the woods early in the morning. Got my first deer with a bow my second year. Nice doe that made some really good chili and sausage. Used a Bear Kodiak compound bow set at 65 lbs draw weight, 50% let off and open or instinctive style shooting, no release just leather finger tab. Sure puts one on a more equal footing with the deer. Used both a 3 blade and a 4 blade razor tip on 32'' aluminum arrows. Loved the woods early in the morning, quiet and peaceful watching the world come alive. Enjoyed that nearly as much as I enjoyed taking a deer.
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks

Last edited by Ironhorse; 11-25-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote