View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 09:04 PM   #22
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Warm Work Gloves?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
A lot of my working days in the field go back to when we used to buy the white gloves ,,I only used them to carry lumber or plywood..steel ,,ect ect .. never could use them to get into my nail bag for nails , or cat heads ,,snap tie shoes or tools ,, what I have done is cut the finger tips off and do some nailing ,, this was winter of course ..rubber gloves made my hands sweat and also stink.. my hands have a lot of history on them to look at them ,,splinters ,blisters , bruises . and scars from them construction jobs and blue and red chalk many times.. I really do miss them days..honestly !
I think what you really miss is that you could go out in almost any weather and shrug it off while working. I used to be that way, too. Then I got a desk job and got fat and lazy. I worked two winters in Idaho back in the mid-'70s, and one thing I don't miss at all is busted knuckles on a cold engine, where the caked-on oily dirt gets into the chunk of skin that peeled back.

One thing for sure I don't miss is working under a farm truck in the shop and the snow is melting and dripping, along with the pig excrement, onto me. The boss said, just pull it outside and let it all freeze again. Then you can finish it up! The other end of that was working at a shop in California in 107º weather, under the hood running the throttle to get the AC charged.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote